What is an event? An event is any organized activity that The Adventure Group sponsors.
Who decides what we do? You do! If there is an outdoor activity that you would like to pursue, the Events Coordinator will help you organize that event. The purpose of this arrangement is to promote member participation and to prevent a small "elite" leadership from deciding what we do and when we do it.
What events are common? On average, the club offers one or more events each week. Here are some of the events you can expect, depending upon leader and member interest.
- Traditionally, we offer weekend hikes beginning in March and running through mid-October. These hikes vary in distance, difficulty, starting times, and location.
- Thursday evening hikes, during the Summer, to destinations within the Portland metropolitan area, and Winter day hikes as weather permits.
- Weekly walks throughout the year
- Biking trips throughout the season.
- Overnight camping trips in the summer.
- Downhill and cross country ski trips throughout the winter.
- Overnight ski trips.
- River rafting trips.
- An annual event with our sister club in Vancouver BC., as well as events with our sister organizations in Seattle, Salem, and Eugene.
- And more, as members suggest events.